Monday, March 13, 2006

Posting, posting, posting...




All right, here goes for the third time...twice I've just about finished composing this post, then the computer has an error, and I lose it all...

I'm about 3" from finishing the left sleeve of the FLAK sweater. The rounds are taking less and less time to complete, yah! Both DH and I had an awful virus that's been going around locally, so I didn't get much knitting done in the past few days. I am feeling better now though, and tried on the sweater for the first time. The sleeve fits and looks great, but I'm really concerned about the gigantic neck opening! I realized after I joined the front sides together that I should have stopped about an inch sooner on the sides, but even if I had, I think it would still be too large. So now I'm wondering what to do for the neck. I'm planning on doing an attached I-cord for the sleeves, and probably the bottom too. A regular ribbed collar would probably look out of place. Just an I-cord would probably leave the neck still way too big. So what to do? I'm going to have to look through my knitting books for some inspiration. Any ideas?

I knit about an inch further on the sleeve since the photo was taken. Then my yarn ran out, and I decided to put the sleeve on a string for now and knit the right sleeve. I wound another skein, but have been procrastinating about picking up the stitches.

Tonight while we watched a movie I disassembled the cardigan shown in Feb 27th's post. I ended up all this great wool yarn: 19 oz. of grey, 3+ oz. of dark brown, and 2+ oz. of cream. They are nice big balls due to spit splicing, which I tried out for the first time. It worked great--many thanks to my fellow FLAK knitters who posted how to do this. DH was puzzled at first as to what exactly I was doing, but was appropriately appreciative when I explained and showed him the results.

The movie we were watching was "Moon Over Parador"; it was interesting as it was filmed in Ouro Preto. We plan on visiting this city on our next trip to Brazil. Due to its history and architecture, it is on UNESCO's World Heritage List. You can see some great photos of the city here: http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/braziliana/ouropreto.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home