Monday, February 27, 2006

Finally the FLAK Front is Finished!

Finally, after three nights of knitting whilst watching Carnaval, I finished the front of the FLAK sweater down to the same length as the back. I'm going to take a breather until Janet's site is up again with the sleeve part.
Friday I went shopping at the Salvation Army. I found a good $1 sweater which I plan on unravelling for the wool--it's got a hole in the back so it's not any good for anyone to wear anyway. Look at the nice buttons too!





I bought this last week. I needed a second pair of Addis to knit the front of FLAK (I wanted to keep the back on the ones I had which will be long enough to knit in the round when I get to that point), and didn't plan on buying a book. However, I wanted the pattern for felted fish, and the LYS didn't have it separate, so I ended up with this. I'm glad, because they have some other nice patterns, and reading about the shops is interesting.


These came in the mail last week, too. I saw a photo on someone else's blog of one or two of the patterns, and just had to track them down (even though I still haven't finished my first pair of socks!) You can buy all 5 patterns from www.sweaterscapes.com for $12. The top parts of them are knit flat in intarsia, then sewn up the back, and the rest is knit in the round. Doesn't sound too difficult, although they do use a lot of colors in a small space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home