Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Sweater demolition


I knitted a few rows on the FLAK sweater tonight but not enough to warrant a new photo. I didn't work on it at all over the weekend; instead I dismantled a sweater. I picked up a couple of wool sweaters at the Salvation Army the day before. Every Friday they have a certain color price tag on sale for $1. So I go every so often to see if there are any sweaters in good condition with nice yarn which can be taken apart. There are some really ugly sweaters out there whose yarn could be put to much better use! So here you can see this big sweater made of cream-colored yarn with green forming honeycombs, with blue, grey, red, and black in the centers.

I ended up with quite a few balls of cream and green wool. I intend to try Kool-Aid dying some of the cream to make orange wool, which I plan to use to knit the felted pumpkins from Knitty. Aren't they cute! I also ended up with a whole pile of short pieces of yarn from the intarsia centers. I thought "what on earth am I going to do with all these!?" Then I came up with the idea of tying all the pieces together end to end, making a multi-colored ball, which I plan on using to make a small felted bag. I'm hoping the little square knots will be unnoticeable once it's felted. There's a big ball which has all four colors of yarn, which I'll use for the main part of the bag, and a small ball of three colors from after the red was all used up, which I'll use for the handle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home