Saturday, February 04, 2006

FLAK Back...with photos!




I'm about three inches down on the back of the FLAK sweater. I'm using Cascade Yarns Quatro, color 5014, which is pink; each strand is a different shade. (The actual color of the yarn is about halfway between that of the large photo and that of the smaller photos) If I were to start again, I'd probably use a solid, as the cables don't stand out as much with this. But I'm continuing on, and hopefully I'll like wearing it when it's done. I usually wear darker colors, so this is a change for me. I changed the center cables to be X's and O's. I decided to cross the X's in the center. The rest is the same as Janet's directions, with the "snakes" mirrored. This is the first time I've knit a sweater with saddles. Picking up stitches along the sides (especially one) was not fun, but I like the way it looks connected.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home